Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Politics as Usual

I am so, so angry about this latest terror threat -- which we learn now was based on intelligence that was 3-4 years old. How many times are they going to get away with this?

Howard Dean was so right yesterday: Dean said he was "concerned that every time something happens that's not good for President Bush, he plays this trump card, which is terrorism. His whole campaign is based on the notion that 'I can keep you safe, therefore, in times of difficulty in America, stick with me,' " Dean said. "It's just impossible to know how much of this is real and how much of this is politics, and I suspect there's some of both."

And Billmon ends a great piece with a great line: "I'm just glad Kerry didn't get a bigger bounce in the polls from the convention, or the White House would have taken us to Defcon 1 by now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home