Saturday, July 26, 2008

Virus

Viruses are the most bizarre things. Its amazing what such a small thing can do to you. I had a stomach virus Thursday (at least that is what I assume happened to me). I started out just feeling queasy. Then muscle aches. Then, a fever set in with chills. Then vomiting. Then violent shaking. Then sweating profusely. Then it was over. This took less than 24 hours. Friday, I still felt a little queasy, but mainly I felt just wiped out from the day before.

When I was in the throes of this, all I could think of was the dysentery segment from "On the Road." (That's a bacteria, isn't it? Also small things that can mess you up.) Ugh. Not at all pleasant, but thankfully over.

I am sure I got this from the bus. I have forgotten to post that I am now taking the bus to/from work. I've done it for 3 weeks now and its been fairly easy and pleasant. But I am quite sure that I got sick from being on the bus, probably from someone who works at the hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home