Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Again with the Superman

Just returned from my fourth viewing of the movie. Obviously, I love this movie. And I love the idea of exploring just how does a super being, a god really, live a life of service among us lowly humans. That, and Superman's longing for love, are the basics of this script which is fabulous.

I totally buy into Brandon Routh as Superman. In many ways, he's better than Chris Reeve in the role (I know, blasphemy). This video on Google about the casting of Brandon is adorable.

Also I realized a few days ago that Brandon is younger than Tom Welling, who plays Clark on Smallville. Funny, since he's playing Superman around age 35 while Welling is playing a college age Clark.

I've said to my daughter that this film is better than most movie goers deserve because they can't understand or appreciate its subleties.

I must see it one more time -- maybe Sunday, since I'm already committed to Pirates on Friday. I didn't care all that much for the first Pirates movie (which I thought was an hour too long and that Johnny Depp characterization didn't wear well with me after awhle). But my daughter is a big fan of Keira Knightley so we're going to see Pirates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home