Wednesday, May 31, 2006

X-Men 3

Saw this on Monday. I am underwhelmed. As a huge fan of X2, I didn't expect much from this one after Bryan Singer's departure to direct my most-anticipated film of the summer, "Superman."

The director, Brett Ratner ("Rush Hour") is Michael Bay in training and it shows. X3 is poorly directed -- only the battle sequences are exciting. There is no emotional connection with the characters or storyline -- without giving too much away, a major character that I love dies and I felt nothing. The only time I reacted emotionally was laughing at a knees in the balls joke. Oy.

Its not terrible, but its not great. Lame script, weak directing and uninspiring acting (except from Ian McKellen). Some of the new characters -- The Beast and Kitty Pryde -- were good. Hugh Jackman seemed to be sleepwalking through half of this. And Halle Berry -- man, does she suck! I am not a fan of hers -- her Oscar is one of the most undeserved in history. She gives what is supposed to be the biggest emotional speech of the film and it was incomprehensible, not to mention boring.

I'm sure I'll buy the DVD but this movie did nothing for me.

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Great stuff ... I was so frustrated by Ratboy's utter inability to simply pick a storyline or two and stick with it to any kind of logical end ... his abuse of the Dark Phoenix saga, in particular, was disgraceful

 

Post a Comment

<< Home