Saturday, February 11, 2006

Muslim Cartoon Furor

I know I'm late to this party, but my take on this is the same as its always been regading this clash of cultures. Despite the presence of our own religious fundamentalists (who are a minority -- vocal, but small in numbers), the West had an Enlightenment and the Islamic world never has. We cherish things like individualism, personal freedom, democratic governments and freedom of expression that a whole bunch of the Islamic world has never experienced or understood. So when they get up in arms (literally) about something we cherish because it offends them, my response is that their response offends me. Not eloquently put, but you understand what I mean.

Buy Danish (and read about their conduct during WWII -- quite interesting how they handled the Nazis and protected Jews).

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Lone Ranger said...

You can't be late to this party. It's been going on since the 7th century and it will continue until either Islam or Democracy is wiped from the face of the earth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home