Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Point

I've been screaming at the TV lately so I guess that means its time for a post on the Alito nomination. I scream when the newscasters say stuff like "It looks like Alito will be confirmed." That was never an issue, never in contention. Of course he will be confirmed with the Repugnicans not only in the majority in the Senate, but voting in lockstep. The issue -- the news, if you will -- was/is could the Democrats make a case that this guy is out of step with the values of most Americans and will vote to change things in ways most Americans will disagree with. This was all the Democrats could hope to do here -- make it clear which party is to blame when this court starts to change our way of life.

Alito is a scary angry white man. He, like so many of the conservatives including the usurper Bush, are angry white guys trying desperately to hold on to power as they watch the world changing in ways they don't like (lots of brown people and powerful women, mostly).

And fuck his wife crying on cue.

I did laugh out loud at the Daily Show's editing of the Alito hearings and the scenes from Godfather II where Senator Geary praises Italian-Americans. Hilarious!

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger he who is known as sefton said...

.
Thanks to my perusing your blog, specifically, "reason and radical", I have arrived at what I believe is a defensible inference. Both you and your readers would welcome news of in-your-face overt opposition to your "smirking chimp", my "dum'ya botch".

In plainer terms, I want to run for Representative for Pennsylvania's 10th Congressional District on a platform calling for the impeachment of President George Walker Bush.

Incidentally, I deliberately referred to your blog, to indicate that I visited your blog as an individual, and not as a spammer. Yes, that last is an illustion to a "pre-deconstruction" chick flick with a rating of two and a half hankies.

Ah, before you click on any of the enclosed hyperlinks, please read the entirely of my comment. For example, the three planks I nailed together in my platform out to get me elected. "impeach bush" is the first plank. The second is "impeach bush". The third is like the second, "impeach bush".

To continue, the first hyperlink below leads to the opening salvo of my campaign.

http://hewhoisknownassefton.blogspot.com/2006/01/danger-senator-specter-danger.html

As for the second hyperlink, it leads to evidence that my candidacy is about more than opposition solely for the sake of opposition.

http://hewhoisknownassefton.blogspot.com/2006/01/dispelling-stench-in-oval.html

toodles
......\
.he who is known as sefton

oh, yeah, I should add that, in Epimethean Comment, I make the case that nominating Judge Alito to the Supreme Court is tantamount to treason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home