Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Yes, I Am Nuts

Certifiably. I just bought tickets to the sumo tournament in Las Vegas in October. More info here. This is the first time since 1985 that the Japanese sumo association has brought its wrestlers to the USA, so I feel like its a once in a lifetime event. They're bringing the top names, including Asashoryu, the Mongolian who is the grand champion, having just won the Osaka basho for his 11th Emperor's Cup win. I am very excited about this, even though I suspect the tickets are in the nosebleed section (but then its only a 12,000 seat venue). I'm not enamoured of Las Vegas, even though I've been there at least 3 times. Funny thing is, I'll probably be back in Vegas in January for the 2006 version of The Amazing Meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home