Thursday, September 16, 2004

CW vs. Reality

Twice in the last week I have had to correct co-workers who support Kerry who made statements saying Bush was ahead by double digits and we could not win. This is exactly what the Republicans want -- conventional wisdom saying Kerry is defeated. The reality is, this race is the opposite -- its a deadheat and interestingly, Kerry's number are going up steadily while Bush's continue to decline. Most important of all, Bush's numbers continue to decline among the still undecided.

I have two points here: one, don't believe conventional wisdom. And two, talk up our candidate -- convey confidence about our victory in November.

And three -- do something about it! We don't have much time left -- give money, time, whatever you can. I agree with Moby who said (paraphrasing because I can't find the actual quote): I don't want to wake up on Nov. 3 with Bush re-elected and say to myself 'could I have done anything more?'


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home