Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Can You Be Fired for Your Political Beliefs?

Apparently the answer is yes, if you work for a private company. There are several examples around the blogosphere this morning -- here's one:

"Lynne Gobbell said her boss fired her last week because of the Kerry-Edwards campaign sticker on the back of her car.

Gobbell of Moulton [Alabama] didn't pay a cent for the sticker that she proudly displays on the rear windshield of her Chevrolet Lumina, but said it cost her job at a local factory after it angered her boss, Phil Gaddis.

[snip]

"I would like to find another job, but I would take that job back because I need to work," she said. "It upset me and made me mad that he could put a letter in my check expressing his (political) opinion, but I can't put something on my car expressing mine."

She was referring to a flier that she said Gaddis placed in employee envelopes to remind them of the positive impact that President Bush's policies have had on them..."

Hesiod has the goods on the boss, BTW -- email address, etc.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home