Thursday, November 18, 2004

Greatest Movie Lines

I have no idea which single quote I would choose, although I can come up with a top 20 or so.

http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx

Public doesn’t vote, though.

Topping my list:

Here’s looking at you kid.
Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
May the Force be with you.
Do or do not. There is no try.
I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.
Leave the gun. Take the cannolis.
Toto, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.
I coulda been a contender.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
“Scuse me while I whip this out.
What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.
ET phone home.
Shaken. Not stirred.
They call me Mr. Tibbs.
Wax on, wax off.
I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore.
Make my day.
You talkin’ to me?
These go to eleven.
Open the pod bay door, HAL.


I could very easily think of about 20 more.

Show me the money.
Please baby, please baby, please baby, please
Greed is good.
We rob banks.
Gentlemen! You can’t fight in here. This is the war room.
There’s no crying in baseball.
I’ll be back.
Soylent green is people.
Frankly my dear I don’t give a damn.
Hasta la vista, baby.
Attica! Attica!
I’m an excellent driver.
They’re here.
I want to be alone.
Alright, Mr. Demille, I’m ready for my close-up.
Love means never having to say you’re sorry.
I was born a poor black child.
Gort! Klaatu barada nikto.
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
We’re on a mission from God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home