Friday, October 14, 2005

Great Movie Scenes

TBOGG posted this about movie scenes that stir your emotions. This one made me laugh so hard, I cried:

I bawled my eyes out at the end of "Independence Day" when I realized that my fantasy of personally punching out each and every person involved with the film would never be realized.

Since I absolutely hate "Independence Day" this snark was priceless.

My favorite movie moments (top of my head):

The singing of the Marseilles in "Casablanca."

Many, many scenes in "To Kill a Mockingbird."

In Lord of the Rings, when the elves arrive at Helm's Deep and when everyone bows to the hobbits at the coronation.

And OK this is totally sappy, but when Kris Kringle sings the Dutch Christmas carol to the Dutch war orphan in "Miracle on 34th Street, " I always, always cry.

There are many other movie scenes that have moved me -- what are yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home