Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thoughts

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile -- just haven't felt up to it (family problems).

Also, I came away from the blogger's conference annoyed and upset, and yet unable to coherently write down why. It has to do with the naiveity (SP?) of some in the room, plus the completely moronic things said by one of the speakers. Both had to do with blogging and traditional media and how most Americans get news information. But I'll get to that later.

So here's a batch of random thoughts and sorry I don't have time to do a lot of links.

I still believe, as I have from the start, that Dan Rather and CBS were set up. Explain to me how a Republican operative, who is known to have done dirty tricks in the past, suddenly became an expert on '70s era typewriter fonts about an hour after the news broke about those memos. It stinks, people. Congressman Maurice Hinchey wonders about this too.

Syria is next, then Iran. And there will be a draft.

What happened in Lebanon reeks of manipulation. Sorry -- but having read All the Shah's Men, about the CIA's very first job which was overthrowing the democratically elected govt of Iran in 1953 to reinstall the Shah and doing so by fomenting a people's revolution, I'm ultra-suspicious.

Bush will not give up on Social Security. He doesn't care about the polls. He will just keep plugging away and some idiot Dems will break.

Howard Dean is the best thing to happen to the DLC in a long time. He's a fighter. He's exactly what we need.

The Daily Show bit on the whole Jeff Gannon thing was the most hysterical thing I've seen on TV in a long, long time. Ted Hitler, indeed.

Hunter Thompson is the true blogfather.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home