Thursday, December 16, 2004

I'm Back

Sorry for the dearth of posts. I was on vacation last week (although working at my second job full time) and didn't post. Plus I had a hair coloring crisis last week that really upset me; its amazing how some salons seem to think that its OK to do what they want to your hair, rather than what you ask for. Then, this week, while I am back at work, I am busy looking for another job (anticipating that mine will go away after the first of the year due to a merger), figuring out what is happening to my son (the jailed one, remember?) and trying to keep my daughter from the meltdowns and other crises that affect middle schoolers.

Plus, I haven't had much I felt like posting about. The Kerik hoo-hah is hysterical -- you know by now that there is no nanny. That's a totally made up story to keep the media off track from the real story of his mistresses, love nests, mafia connections and other unsavory crap. Bush's policies continue to sicken me. Speaking of made-up, the supposed crisis of Social Security is just that -- supposed. Keep in mind that Bush doesn't want to reform Social Security -- he wants to destroy it.

About the only thing I'm reallly excited about is the extended edition of Return of the King. This is the first year in 3 that I will not have a Lord of the Rings movie to see multiple times in the theatre. So this DVD set will have to do. I watched some of the special features over the last two nights -- these are the best special features ever and are really worth watching. The stunt team's haka tribute to Viggo Mortensen on his last day of principal filming was amazing. I hope to have time on Saturday to watch the actual movie with the new footage. I usually don't get all that excited about extended editions, preferring the pacing of the theatrical versions. But with this one it was clear the editing was rushed and there are so many important scenes missing from the theatrical version. I will even sit through yet another mocking of the Gimli character to see scenes I want to see, such as Aragorn using the palantir, Faramir and Eowyn's courtship and the Mouth of Sauron.

I don't know how often I will be posting overthe next couple of weeks, but I am back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home